View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 05:05 PM
DesertFox
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire vs. Civic @ PCH?

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
Uh-huh. Try telling that to the 11 and 12 second Civics I've seen run at the dragstrip here in SoCal. No doubt I'd still rather have a Crossfire SRT6 than any Civic ever built - hell, I'd rather have my Limited Roadster than any Civic ever built - but never underestimate what can be done with virtually any car. And never forget the old adage "there's always someone faster". Assuming it's all Pep Boys bits and baubles will just get your *** handed to you.

Of course, you'd get to drive home in a Crossfire regardless the outcome, so you still win.
+1... I once ran vs. a 13 second Civic in bracket racing (not in the xF)... I heard a raspy fartcan exhaust and thought he was all talk with his 13.2 dial-in, so I didn't take the run seriously... he had already caught up and blown by me before we hit 660 ft... That was ugly.

I agree with "driving home in a Crossfire", but I hear that excuse way too many times from fancy car owners to justify a loss. Would you accept that excuse if you just put bus lengths on a BMW 750i that was actually trying?