Old 08-27-2008, 10:16 AM
240M3SRT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Running wide rear wheels/tires, really need your input....on spacers, wheeels, ti

Originally Posted by NoCones
don't know what the OP's plan is, but you could go smaller diameter wheel and have options

also: sorry, this is a bit OT, but is the speedo based on the rear or the front wheels? I've always kinda wondered, but never knew.
Thats a very good question you brought up about the speedo. Id like to know too.

My reasoning behind running the wide setup is based on a few reasons. I want maximum traction on a street tire so i can go to the track w/o swapping to slicks, as well as launch hard from a stoplight without loosing too much traction or having T/C bogging the car down. This means wider tread with a soft compound, but not so soft i cant drive 60mi to work and back daily. Im thinking something like a Nitto 555r or comparable. Also id be lieing if i didnt mention looks. There is nothing better than the rear view of a Viper or Vette with huge rollers. I dont want to make the car something its not but with the power i have available(and more soon to come) i dont think its a rediculous idea.