View Single Post
Old 08-16-2004, 12:40 PM
NJspeed69
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heb80 - I understand what your saying, but you gotta remember, xfire is one of the few cars that have smaller wheels up front as stock. So putting 19's in the front, with a thinner tire than the rear, shouldn't destroy the look most people are going for. In FACT, anyone who does this mod would be going for that exact look, a balanced look, ie 19's all around.

If it fills the wheel well a little more, I dont think it would make it look like the car is driving around with larger front wheels than back. That would be a ridiculous look, and I'd agree, if the front wheels look larger than the rear, then that is stupid. But by utilizing thinner tires than the rear, and 19's all around, you'd still maintain that pounced look, because the front would still sit lower than the rear (albeit not as much as stock). Also take a look at the majority of cars with large wheels, the front wheel gap is smaller than the rear wheel gap. Even taking a look at xfire, you can see the front gap is smaller than the rear to start with, so there's probably some room to work with.

Then again, who knows either way, until we do it. I personally think 19's up front, leaving 19's in the back, will look good. You may not, but thats ok too.

Oh and I wasn't talking about inflating your xfire tires up to 50 or 55. I was speaking of the tires on my Eclipse, I don't know if that got anyone confused.