View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 10:38 AM
rcompart
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: KeylessGo on the Crossfire

I've actually came up with the perfect solution! Remember those cheesy touch lamps where you touch them to turn them on and off? I'm not sure if how well it will work if at all when wet so that is the only thing I'm worried about but if I can get past that, slam dunk, we have a winner and we can keep everything factory functional as well minus the steering wheel lock.

As far as just doing the push button start after you put the key in the ignition, we can do that right now. All you need to do is get a KeylessGo shift ****, and if you have an auto, the leather boot from a manual to hide the wires. that part is pretty simple and doesn't even require disabling the steering wheel lock so those that want that, let me know and I can start looking for shift ***** if you don't want to provide your own. The one that works the best are any that come with a factory boot as the ones that are just like the factory crossfire auto where you see the chrome rod are different and you can't mount the leather boot to them and make it look nice.

Email me at rudy@jr-industries.net for more info.

Don't have any prices set in stone yet as there are way to many different things to work with on this but the most basic one I would say will cost about $100 plus the cost of the shift **** and leather boot as I have to modify the **** to work with the system and setup all the relays and so forth. This would also only emulate turning the key in teh ignition cylinder. No press 3 times and then press again. You'd turn the car on and then press adn hold the button until it started and then when you want to turn it off, you do it exactly like factory.