View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 12:47 AM
seannon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: KeylessGo on the Crossfire

Originally Posted by rcompart
Problem with a real proximity switch that you'd use in this application is that our doors are metal and they don't like metal unless you get the ultrasonic ones which are too big and too expensive to put behind the door. The optical deal isn't' even an option as you're repainting the door to make it work since it won't fit in the handle. The bluetooth thing sounds cool and all but I'm telling you from first hand experience, they're not worth the frustration they will give you in the future. Try this on for size, your phone resets itself and loses it's memory or worse, you lose your phoen or someone steals it. All your bluetooth settings are gone. Not gonna get in the car. Another thing is needing a computer to run it. Not too huge of a deal but it needs to be taken into account. At that point, having a computer in your car opens up a whole new set of things you can do and that can go wrong. Not shooting you down and if you want to go that route, I'll be moer than welcome to help you with whatever parts of your system you need help with but I would stay away from it. We want to make this kit something you're going to use every day and not be a novelty that you wow your friends with a few times and then quit using because it's a pita. That means it needs reliablity taht is really high too. Like almost 100%. I only want to be using the key for if I forget my fob.

If it is okay, later, I may pm you and ask some questions on how the lock system works, interlock, how the fob enables the start sequence etc... but before I do that, I am going to be sitting down with the service manual. because I DEFINATELY do not want to accidentally disable my new baby!!!

Seannon