View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 01:38 PM
FTroopChief
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 1940 infomercial Boeing307 Stratoliner

Originally Posted by seannon
NICE find Ftroopchief, I have worked on a bunch of different birds... one even mentioned in this thread! (surprisingly enough) the Ford Trimotor... and oddly enough, it is not the only trimotor I have wrenched... I know that when you hear about the other smaller one you will probably recognize it as a twin... but there were TWO made as trimotors... the Beechcraft D-18 one was destroyed, and the other one was donated to an aviation school in alabama... where i went... originally, the pair were built to be engine testbeds, and what better place to test out an engine than ON a plane! so, the third nacelle was the standard nose position, and was done to safely test new designs for Continental engines in Mobile Alabama...

Seannon

Also, with Ike heading kinda our way, I may or may not make it this sunday for the ride... work is calling for mandatory overtime... and I was planning SLEEP time for driving... (I work evening shift, and weekends)
Seannon, Don't ya just love the spit and sputter of the radial? The C-119s with the PW 4360s could wipe out a lot of ductwork when they burped in flight.
Sorry, I didn't like Ike then, and I don't like Ike now. Our GTG for the 14th has been aborted, may be rescheduled for the 21st. Keep checking the "South Forum".

John P aka FTroopChief