View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 09:18 PM
P-DuBBs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Re: Oil change made easy

Originally Posted by MikeR
I did the oill changes in my SRT's yesterday and enjoyed doing them both. I bought a 6 1/4 gallon General Hydraulics oil extractor and hooked it up to my compressor. After warming the engine for about 7 minutes I inserted the suction tube down the dipstick tube and opened the valve. It took about 5 minutes to suck out all the oil. Popped in the new Mann filter (from German Filters, 4 pack for $58) and O-rings, added the 8 1/2 quarts of Mobil 1 and done in 20 mins each. I wish the filer was on the top of all my vehicles! What a piece of cake this makes it.

MikeR

Hey Mike, I have some questions about the filter. It has those 2 hash marks on them and the instruction say that one shouldn't be visible after installation. Well I can still see both. Well, one almost disappeared but not completely.
Is this a problem or do you think it's just mis-marked by a millimeter or 2 or something? I don't think i can install it any further. It was my first time changing the oil on this and just want to make sure I did it right.
I don't see any oil leaks or anything but what other potential problems might I have?