Old 09-20-2008, 06:55 AM
NoSup4U
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Soon to be new owner IS a new owner - permagrin installed

Originally Posted by tighed1
Woo hoo! Another new owner!
When yer not drivin' the car read up on the car on THIS site.
It's GREAT!!!!!

Welcome!
I've been reading up on this site since May when I first started thinking about moving my '85 Supra due to it's starting to nickel and dime me. With 3 kids I didn't have the time to keep taking it to a mechanic and I was getting frustrated having to do it more and more often. It was my second '85 Supra. I had sold the first one that I had owned from '86-99 and regretted it two days later. It was bullet proof because I don't drive that aggressively and I'm sure it would have lasted without problems if I would have kept it, but after having my third child it just didn't fit into the picture. I bought the second one 4 years ago and it looked good, but mechanically I don't think that it was well taken care of because the problems that I started having were indications that it was driven hard (reinforced my regret in selling the first one). Didn't want to get a Xfire until I sold it. Luckily, I found somebody that wanted a good looking shell, had the time and ability to fix things himself, and was going to do an engine swap for more hp. I gave him a very good price for it and I believe that the kharma in the universe appreciated that because 2 weeks later I found exactly what I was looking for, for way less than I expected to pay.

I do love the look of the Xfire, but my Original Super Dark Red '85 Supra will always be my first (vehicle) true love.

Tim