View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 04:37 PM
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 80 mph rear end noise and the dealer

I had the same noise. I took the tech for a ride, he said it was wind noise, but they would check it out. I pickup the car the next day, and they said it was fixed.

So I took it on the freeway home and the noise was still there, I called them immediately, and the service writer told me that their tech can't drive the car over the speed limit, so he was never going to hear the whine.

So I went back, got a new tech, the one that would actually be working on the car, and I took him for a ride. I asked him if I could drive the car over 70 mph with his butt in the passenger seat He said yes! So away I went. He heard the whine, first said it was wind, but asked if he could drive my car. So he had it up to 85mph (me saying to him, I thought you guys couldn't go over the speed limit), lol

This tech was honest with me. He didn't have the tools and had never worked on a Crossfire to fix the rear end, so when we got back he told the Service Manager to order a whole new unit. It was changed immediately, and the noise is gone.

So don't settle for anything less........As for the headlights, one of my was really bad, and they changed it out, and will change out the other one when it gets a little worse. The service Manager said, Chrysler wants them to be pretty bad to change them out at no cost to us. So stay on them.....

OH! and I'm a Female, did this without any guy with me, told them they were going to listen to me, since it's my car, and I know how it sounds and runs and guys think were stupid! ")

Last edited by Cruiser; 09-30-2008 at 04:41 PM.