Thread: tire rotation??
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2004, 02:18 PM
David Burns
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sandman
Rotating tires from left to right and not front to back is a waste. Do you make more left or right turns? joke there is not a reason to even estimate...LOL

There is more wear on the front, no question. But due to the width of the tires they should wear evenly.

Regards
Actually, yes, many of us DO make a lot more of one direction turn than another. I drove a LOT of on/off ramps, here at least they ALL are right hand turns. Enjoying the handling of my Crossfire, I often take those ramps at a decent clip, loving the way this car sticks to the road in a turn! Rotating side to side as recommended by the Owner's Manual and the Service Manual >will< benefit the life of my tires.

As for the post quoting a Michelin rep as saying do not rotate the PS/2's, well, we have a post from a Daimler/Chrysler rep saying the rear spoiler in the up position helps cool the oil. :!: So, whatcha wanta believe???

Use the Search tool in the Tech section. There are a dozen or more threads about tire rotation. ALL of the tires D/C puts on the Crossfire can be rotated side to side.

And while we're on the subject, don't let anyone tell you any of the stock tires are unidirectional and have to be re-mounted on the rims to do the rotation. Neither Michelin nor Continental list any of the stock tires as unidirectional, and if you LOOK at the tread pattern you will see they are not (uni-directional tires are ALWAYS marked with a rotation direction arrow on the sidewall, and ALMOST ALWAYS have some variation of a 'V' tread pattern). Just dismount, roll 'em to the opposite side, and remount.