View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 06:05 PM
ppro
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 80 mph rear end noise and the dealer

Originally Posted by bogieman
I know its a bunch of crap. I was really trying to be diplomatic and not **** him off until at least he looked at it in the shop. I was hoping for a tech with a little sense that would listen to reason, what I got was one that tried to impress me with his infinite knowledge. After questioning him (in small talk) about the xfire in general, I found he really didn't know his butt from a bull whip.
This dealership is a Jeep dealer as well, so that may help, but I'm afraid with the financial crisis Chrysler is in, they may not be real anxious to replace the differential.
The guy mentioned he had never been into a xfire rearend, asked me if mine had a spoiler, and didn't know that the cup holder was where it was, plus, there are very few xfires around here, so he is more than likely a xfire tech in name only.
Oh, and they won't get anywhere near my wallet-still under warranty..........
Good to hear it's under warrantee. Truth is, it is probably cheaper to replace the whole part in one piece than to try and fix a bad one. And Jeep dealers generally don't do any more differential work than any other car dealers - it's the aftermarket Jeep guys that typically do all that stuff - putting in lockers and high-ratio gears with beefier axles and so on. Some of them do it all day every day and get awfully good at it. Some of them are just as bad as those who don't get any practice...

Hope you get a whole new assembly - your diplomacy will probably pay off...