View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 02:39 PM
ppro
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Rear fog light?

Originally Posted by AllEuro
I'm just full of questions today!

As I've had some time in the car and after I recently read through the owners manual I came up with a few questions. The most recent question is the presence of a rear foglight. I find it kind of unusual that chrysler allowed the crossfire to come to the US with city lights, but at the same time, it's pretty cool. However, I noticed on the light switch, when you pull it out to activate the fog lights, there is a second "stop". Does this second stop do anything? There was nothing in the book and I didn't notice a change in the rear lighting when I moved to the second stop.

If there is no rear fog, can one be wired up fairly easily? Is the wiring there, but just the wrong bulb? Or do you need a completely new set of euro-spec taillights?

While on the topic of euro parts, is there anything on the euro-spec crossfires that would be cool to put on the US-spec cars? Or are cars from both countries pretty much identical?
There's a thread on here somewhere with pictures of both rear lights - one is for countries that drive on the right and one for countries that drive on the left. The wiring is not there but probably not that hard to run.

If it was symmetrical and at the same time reverse lighting was not lost, I'd do it, but unfortunately the fog light takes the place of the reverse light on one side, and backing up in the dark is already hard enough. Perhaps the fog light helps with backing up.

As a side comment, there are cars in US that have the fog lights for the back. What drives me nuts is people who leave them on even when there's no fog - they're really bright and quite uncomfortable to have in front of you. Check the Range Rovers out - they're in the bumper below the other lights. Like beacons when they're on...

If people here used them for what they're made for, it would be great. But how often do you see people coming at you with their fogs on in perfectly clear weather?