View Single Post
Old 11-03-2003, 07:31 PM
kusheen
Default I've got the same problem...

The same thing happened to me this weekend. Went to a friend's house. Had to park on the street. The leaves on the street were such that you could not tell where the curb was. I found it the hard way.

Have about an 8 inch abrasion along the lip. I know from past experience with some BBS' I had on another car that this is fixable relatively inexpensively. It's still and expense and a hassle, but it's not going to be a new wheel.

In fact, had my car in for it's first (break in) oil change today, and had the tires 'rotated' as well. The dealer recommended a wheel restoration shop that happens to only be about 6 miles from my home.

Can't say enough good stuff about the interaction with the dealer today. Everything about the experience from making/confirming the appointment, to drop off, to communication during the day, to rental car readiness (they paid), to car pick up was hassle free and professionally rendered.

Now, that said, they certainly didn't discount the OIL they poured into my crankcase...