Old 10-20-2008, 12:16 PM
04xfirecoupe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little help please? Battery/Charging system?

Thanks for taking a look at this thread in an attempt to help me.

I was taking off yesterday from my house for a nice Sunday drive when I realized about a mile down the road that my battery light (charging system indicator) was on. The light would disappear and reappear based on the movement of the car. For example, the when I'd accelerate/decelerate or turn the light would go off or on. I got it back home and the hot terminal on the battery wasn't very tight (could shake a little bit), so I tightened it up, started it, and the same light was on. Unplugged the terminal the reboot the computer incase it was a misread but the same light was on. Read up in the manual and apparently it could indicate a belt is broken that could also cause the water pump not to work. Looking down the front of the engine I don't see any broken belts, but is there some that are obscured from view that could cause this? I've not driven except around to the back of my house since and the light is still on.

Anyone ever had this situation happen before, or no a remedy?

Thank you all for the invaluable wisdom on this forum, and your willingness to deal with my constant woe's in regards to my Crossfire.