Thread: TTToast Part II
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2004, 04:02 PM
XethW
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TTToast Part II

OK TT owners and supporters...yesterday I was driving home from work (here in Chandler, AZ) and stopped to get something to eat. There was a gray TT with the liscence plate "TTOO HOTT", a 1.8T engine (I think the 1.8T has two different HP ratings - I don't know which one this was). The guy saw my car and waved, and I waved back, and then he pointed at the road, asking "wanna' go?" I nodded, and we pulled out onto Arizona ave and raced from a stoplight to the intersection of I-10 - about 2.5 miles. I don't know how his car was set up - mine is a completely stock (no chip, no fancy air filters, no nothing) autostick, and I don't have a lot of experience racing - I guess you could say I'm a regular driver who knows how to jump his car off the line. This race was not close - my crossfire took him off the line with ease, and I got to the intersection several car lengths in front of him. There were no lights ands no other traffic, so it was a clean, fast race. Take that for what it's worth - I'm not claiming my car is faster than a TT, or anything like that. In fact, I like TT's - very cool styling, and a lovely interior. However, my car (with me driving) is faster than at least that TT (with him driving).

I actually enjoy having other car loyalists here dropping us a line - I don't mind a pissing contest, as long as we're all civil about it. And TTOO HOTT, if you ever want to go again, I appreciate the classy race, and would love to do it again. I'm sure the car's travelling in the other direction got a real thrill at seeing our beautiful machines dueling safely at over 100mph