View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 08:10 PM
brian_omeara07
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Thinking about buying, HELP!

Hey how's it goin everyone? Been lurking for about a month or two now, deciding to make my first post useful to at least "convert" someone.

First off...what you think is a deal is something YOU should decide, but I'll let you know what I bought mine for:

Alabaster
Stock Chrome Wheels (Didn't see many of these, I'll explain later in the post)
"Seater" leather interior (Once again, same deal as above)
5,600 Miles
6 Speed

I agree with the last poster, Find and SRT-6 and make sure you might not prefer that. Personally I just couldn't get over the fact it's an automatic, but know that if you require a 6-Speed any performance mods are going to be costly and there's only so much you can do.

The car that I bought, technically I'm the 3rd owner. A San Francisco Advertising company bought it with every option possible as a rolling billboard, but the bumpers were slightly messed up in shipping. (you know those scratches that dont hit the paint but hit a big area), almost as if it had not been secured to the truck properly. The second owner bought it, put about 50 miles on it, and became injured to where he couldn't drive a 6-Speed. The factory warranty transferred (only the Drivetrain part though, so make sure to inspect the car THROUGHLY). All in all I'd say, don't compromise on a vehicle. Sit throught them until you have that moment that I'm guessing WE all had...you get wrapped up in a bucket seat that feels like a tailored suit, start an engine that sounds like frank sinatra's singing through your muffler, and have the best driving experience of your life.

What I compared to before buying:

2005 Lotus Elise - Great car, no, AWESOME marvel of engineering, but just no practicality.
2007 SRT-6 - It's an automatic, I'm a manual, amazing vehicle, just I couldn't get over it.
2005 350z (the one with 300 hp) - Faster than xfire, yes, but the ride is so uncomfortable.
2003 s2000 - See above...
2009 Civic SI - it's a Honda.
2009 Accord V6 - It's a Honda... and only availble with the automatic for the V6

This is all just my PERSONAL buying experience, and I hope it can be of some help to you.

Into to the Forum:

Name: Brian
Mommy/Daddy fincance quotient: Zero.

You all seem pretty cool, so can't wait to share some feedback. Oh, and I got to drive some old guy's GT-R the other day. That was more fun than the crossfire, not going to lie...But only a little bit.