View Single Post
Old 09-04-2004, 11:22 AM
Danwell
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are different style of modding a car.

Andrew's style of modding is the European type which is is subtle but with a real purpose.

Ricer mods are out to get attention. Gawdy stickers and tails and goofy gadgets like outside tachs on the hood or fire extenguisher mounted next to the windshield (where everyone can see it). Also those buzzy exhaust pipe cans and other loud junk (Both visually or hearing).

Homeboy mods: What are these people thinking. Do they think its really that cool to sit at a light and have their chrome still spinning? It looks so dumb and brings down their percieved mentality. Those drivers of SUVs with large chrome spinner wheels aren't impressing anyone but themselves. And why the chain around the license plate? What is up with that.

Bobafettm mods: While many would call it ricer, he hates ricers. His Crossfire looks stock till its night. Then you will see a glowing blue like a space craft. Here it is:

So far the only changing ive done to my Crossfire is replace the CD Player to JVC that plays MP3's and tinted the windows. I love the wheels like they are. If I was going to do any more it would be the European style like Andrew does. Im condidering changing the front brakes to stop brake dust. Replacing headlights to get the euro blue style. and maybe even lowering like Andrew (if its not too hard or cost too much) Does lowering cause your tires to wear wrong? Just wondering if it puts the tires at the wrong angle? Hope not because it looks nice.