Old 09-04-2004, 01:06 PM
golfdude
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was in a 3.0 BMW Euro-spec Z3 coupe, and that was always, in my opinion, a beautiful car. The fat rear fenders were awesome, and the 2001-2002 M-models were awesome, as they were equipped with the 333 horsepower inline 6. Haven been driven in the Z3 coupe aggressively in Europe, to over 125 m.p.h., I must say that the driving characteristics are very similar. The actual driving position is very similar to the Crossfire, as you sit very low inside of the car, and the actual proportions of the cars are also the same-rear hatch and long, low front-end. The engines are also very similar, in that they both have excellent mid-range torque, and they both have slightly week horsepower, (the BMW had around 230 hp). The only real difference was the weight. I believe that the BMW weighed in at less than 3000 lbs, while the Crossfire was at around 3100, which allowed the BMW to accelerate to 60 in less than 6-seconds, despite being a 5-speed. All I can say is that the BMW and the Crossfire are both excellent vehicles.