View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004, 09:49 PM
craftomatic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have any transmision problems??

Took one for a test drive and when I got on the gas it jumped out of gear and went into neutral and as I'm looking at the car salesman he's just as puzzled as me which was good cause he hasn't seen this before. Anyway it won't shift beyond second and I pull over to the side of the HIGHWAY and with hazards on turn off and turn back on after a few seconds, thinking this will help cause the salesman hasn't said anything yet. I get back on the highway and the thing won't shift out of second, WTF. Supposed to be a nice car and all right? I repeat the procedure and go to the side of the road turn off, turn on and everything's fine. To make the short story long I decide to buy it cause I just have to have one and take it home telling them I'll baby it and just take it home to surprise the wife and bring it in in the morning to have them check it out. All this after the another sales guy takes it to get gas and says that it's fine. Well after telling the service guy EXACTLY what happens he gets back to me 7 hours later after a little stalking on the phone of this guy and tells me "yup that's what it does and we'll probably have to replace the transmission." And that's just the transmission problem not to mention what I found out. So I'm standing next to the service guy this morning while he's checking my car in and when he pulls my car's maintainence history he says "WOW". This thing has been to the body shop twice, the AC compressore replaced already, the radio fixed cause it didn't work and now the damn transmission doesn't work worth a damn. I'll be asking the dealer for a different car let's just say.