View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 09:59 PM
AllX'dUp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Traveling CrossfireForum Bears...

TY Gary, I know I have been remiss but it has been literal hell here., and not because of the bears. For those of you who have met my wife Barbara I will leave a quick synopsis of our year. She was diagnosed as stage four appendiceal cancer in April, she has been thru six months of Chemo and now she has had Cytoreductive surgery with IPHC therapy (intra peritoneal heated chemo).
I think we got the bears out of sequence, I requested them to be present when she awoke from surgery.
So heres what has happened...we buried her father on the 9th of Dec in Houston, TX, checked her into Wake Baptist Med Center the following day in Winston-Salem on the 10th. She recieved the procedure and IPHC on the 11th, it was a 14 hour procedure. She has had a problem with oxygen saturation and tachycardia since the surgery and she was moved out of ICU this past Tuesday into a regular room to complete recovery. We are still there, she has started walking short distances but with the oxygen problem she can't go far even with a portable oxygen tank. We are working to resolve these problems, A chest x-ray revealed fluid on her lung which is being treated but she still has trouble breathing. We remain hopeful these will be resolved soon and we can have her home by Christmas. On another note her uncle died Tuesday morning which has added more stress to the situation. When it Rains it Pours!
The bears are here with us in W-S, we outfitted them with new sweaters for the colder weather and even found shoes for them. They are having a wonderful time riding in a variety of cars other than the Crossfire. Here they are with their new freind Karma one of Barbs many cats.
Rest assured that right after the holidays they will move to the next person on the list. We apologize for keeping them too long but we hope everyone understands. We also hope everyone has a very merry christmas and the happiest of new years! We are already planning ahead for the Spring Dragon Run...at least we have hope of making it!
Barb & Terry Unrein AKA AllX'dUp
Oh heck and shuckdarn...I can't insert the photo...I will post some pictures later with the bears enjoying their visit to NC...know they are having a good time in the Jensen, Dodge Ram Daytona, Viper RT/10 and Dodge Nitro R/T
Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
UPDATE...

I spoke with Terry (ALLX'dUp) today.
He has gotten the bears some new shoes and will be sending them on to "Alfdoc" soon.
As I thought, his wife had surgery a week ago and she is still in the hospital.
He has been by her side most of the time and has not been home much.
He is aware of the interest here in getting the bears moving again and after the holidays I'm sure they will be traveling again.
Just dealing with difficult times lately so please be patient.