View Single Post
Old 09-21-2004, 02:37 AM
english_bob
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UK - New Unmarked Police Car - M3

Saturday Morning: I was cruising between 100 and 110 up the M3 past Fleet Service Station, reeling in a dark green Volvo V70 Estate on a "V" plate. It was probably doing around 95.

As I closed on it, I noticed that its brake lights began flashing alternatively. I didn't get chance to slow down much, but luckily for me he was pulling over a yellow transit van AND a car.

I had believed that Police Cars to be up to 3 years old (i.e. no older than a 51 plate). Having a "V" plate almost caught me out. If I'd been a little quicker it would have been me on the hard shoulder. Unfortunately I didn't get it's full plate. I wonder if it is a new car with a private plate to make it look older?!

I also clocked 3 normal Police Volvos between Basingstoke and the M25 junction.

I also know the Police have a dark (black I think) BMW M3 patrolling the M3 area.

Monday Mid-Morning: Travelling up the M3 again, there was a mobile Safety Unit (i.e. speed camera) in a White Van on one of the small bridges over the M3 between Fleet Services and Junction 4a. I think I was doing 80 at the time, but it could be higher. It will take a couple of weeks to process if I was going a tad faster.

Stay Lucky :twisted: