View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 02:10 AM
rhacker382
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: If you don't want to join the XFi Club

All well said; and all of what you have touched on here is on our radar screen.

Originally Posted by Erzer
I'm not a member, but did consider it and may yet at a lesser amount (meaning not a charter member). Things are a bit iffy in my industry and I'm sure many are worried about where the economy is going prior to jumping into a non sanctioned "club"

I'm all for the idea of keeping the XF group to actual owners and would like to thing there would be other ways besides fees to keep non owners out; but the reality is we can't without some measures in place. If every idea form the computer "geeks" among us has been exhausted, then so be it.

I don't like the idea of an America's only (US & Canada) "club" the purpose of the site should be to bring a relatively small group of owners of a fantastic car regardless of country. So how do we do it? A VIN registry whereby only those with valid registrations are permitted to join the forums, post, and "vote"? Maybe, but my concern would be control.

Like I said, money is an issue at this time and may be for others in this economy. I'll keep watching and when the timing is right, I'll more than likely join.

Happy driving and happy holidays!