View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 05:45 AM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: If you don't want to join the XFi Club

I need to keep my answer short as I'm on our family holiday vacation. But felt I need to respond. It's disappointing to see that some of you feel we're competing with this forum. CICCI is not a forum. It's a car club. It's forum is just a communication means. We are all still active here. As a car club we need our own site; not to compete but to have better control over the site we use. I too agree that Mighty has been extremely generous hosting this site, and I hope it continues to operate, but we don't know for how long he will keep it. IF he would decide to pull the plug, how would we quickly resume the club's communication, and stay in contact? Why is this this viewed as an elite club? I don't get it. Regular membership will only be $25 per year. Many here have offered financial support to keep this forum running, which means you are willing to pay. So I'm sure it's not the money that bothers you.

We have stated our intent very clearly over the last year. There are many reasons why we should have an official club. All have been clearly stated. Financial statements will be published for you know where the money goes.

CICCI is your car club. Make it all you want it to be. We've all learned that a club should not be under the control of one person, no matter how well intended the person is.

I started this thread for feedback on why you would not join. I welcome the opportunity to answer any question or reason on "why you wouldn't join", and It's OK if some of you don't. I know it's not for everyone.

Last edited by FP; 12-24-2008 at 05:48 AM.