View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 08:39 AM
waldig
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Re: Of Long Posts and Superchargers...

With a bigger blower you would need less boost

THis is not true. THe pressure in the manifold is a function of the amount of air being SUPPLIED to the manifolds and the amount of air being TAKEN-IN. Add more air that you add, the more the pressure rises.

We at 21 psig are taking all the air that we can, and if you had a double sized blower at 12 psig, you would get LESS POWER due to the cylinders being filled less.

A larger s/c would provide more efficiency which would reduce the power needed to turn it. THis frees up HP. Higher efficiency would also decrease the heat load introduced to the intercooler, another good thing.

The air flow into the engine will dictate power if the fuel issues are covered otherwise. Our motor is just a heat engine, and the more air that we warm up the higher the cylinder pressure pushing down on that con rod.

I have a really neAT project going and I have bet another member of the forum that I can increase the flow in his manifolds by about 40%. This is without changing the laws of physics, but that wont be done for a couple of months.

If I can prove my concept, then my measured boost at the manifold should be another psig higher again, without additional work on the s/c or pulley system. Air flow is all about its velocity and pressure differentials driving it. Its sorta like the discussion above; referring to the lower restriction double CAI inlet.

Yes the torque converter could be an improvement, I have had a custom one or two made. The MB name would make it costly, we had some looking into this and I have not heard more of them. A better rear gear with real posi would be hands down the best in my estimation.

Stupid is bone deep though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsOK-TCJoKo

Woody

Last edited by waldig; 01-21-2009 at 02:40 PM.