View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 11:09 AM
L&L'sSRT-6
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finicky throttle response

I have a 2005 SRT-6 with 43k on it. I bought this car a month ago and have not really driven it. Other than back from the dealer and a couple of short hops around town. Yesterday I went for a long cruise to try to familiarlize myself with the car. I noticed occasionally the throttle does some strange things. This car is stock as far as I can tell.

Symptom #1
While cruising around 40 MPH. The engine will go almost full throttle for a brief second, the trans kicks down also. My foot has not moved the throttle. Then it goes right back to the same normal cruising like nothing happened.

Symptom #2
In a passing situation while cruising 40-60MPH. I move the throttle down to pass, the trans kicks down, but the engine lazily revs to 3500-4000RPM no matter how far you press the pedal. This happens occaisionally some times the engine roars to life and before I can get around the car I am passing I am doing 85MPH.

From a stop, the car goes like a scalded dog. No problem.

The problem is a safety hazard also. If I am used to the normal passing power and then the car decides to not respond. I may not make it around the car I am trying to pass safely.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Oh, by the way, it will do this regardless of the position of the traction control switch.

Please help,
Leon