View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 02:17 AM
antonio311
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Chrysler's official responce

Originally Posted by HJM
Statements like this one make my hair curl. Playing on patriotism, etc. without considering how much ggod DB has done for Chrysler. Some succesful models where based on designs and parts from DB.
I dont like the direction this discussion takes. I am sorry but it is to low for my taste.
The Crossfire is a nice car - but not a miracle!
HJM
? Patriotism? Your kidding right? Damiler / benz has done good..... a lot of good for Chrysler??? really...Your kidding right???

In 1998 Chrysler was the most profitable car company on the planet, even more so than Toyota has been of late. ....."Net profits in the third quarter of 1998 were a whopping $2.74 billion - compared with the already high $1.95 billion profits in January-September 1997. 1998 was shaping up to be a record year. The company claimed $7.85 billion worth of cash, cash-equivalents, and marketable securities; not to mention $2 billion in prepaid benefits, taxes, and expenses, $13.5 billion in finance receivables, and numerous other assets totally $60.4 billion, with liabilities of $49 billion. Inventories, including raw materials, parts, and vehicles held for short-term lease, totalled $6 billion. Chrysler still appeared to be the auto industry’s fastest-rising star."...from all par.

Daimler only purchased Chrysler because they were in distress and didn't have the money to continue operations, while Chrysler had over 12 billion in reserves and credit available.
Daimler did nothing good for Chrysler, except kill the its winning products, quality, and company moral. Damiler was the absolute worst thing for Chrysler.

Also....I can tell you I've NEVER had RUST issues like I have with my crossfires on any other "chrysler" products. I guess that Daimler planned to not have the Chrysler versions last very long....? Who knows?

Also i've had over 5 Chrysler products with over 150,000 trouble free miles.
1986 Dodge GLH turbo with over 150,000 miles when I sold it.
1987 turbo LeBaron Coupe with 187,000 miles. then I gave it to my dad.
1985 Dodge minivan with 2.2 stick and over 160,000 miles...sold it for 500 bucks.
1993 plymouth minivan with currently 155,000 miles and still driving it.
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee with over 70,000 trouble free miles.....so far.

hopefully my 2 Crossfires last that long..........If they don't fall apart from the rust!... that is.
Anyway..............I still love my crossfires, and there's not a better looking car anywhere!

Last edited by antonio311; 01-30-2009 at 02:27 AM.