View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 09:52 AM
SRT-6 Steve
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hagerty Special "Exotic Car" Insurance

I don't know what getting an inch on a warm summer day has to do with it... but I pay $700 per year for max coverage unlimited use for my SRT. It was AIG but is changing to Century 21.

Steve

Originally Posted by MLC2008
My roadster is a garage queen, just want to be clear on that before I go on. She never sees rain, is afraid of the dark, parking lots or even being driven to work. I live in upstate NY and my 'regular' full coverage auto insurance policy for the Roadster year round was costing around $1200, with a $500 deductible. I have a clean license, I have several cars. I did some checking and if you drive your Crossfire Roadster as a "4th car" (not a daily driver or 2nd car) I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Hagerty (collector vehicle insurance company) will insure your baby as an 'exotic' and give you a great rate on year round stated value insurance. They make it crystal clear that if you are driving you car daily, or more than 2000 miles a year, they don't offer coverage. I am now paying less than $500 a year for stated value ($23.5K) full coverage $250 deductible. Stated value means that you set what it's worth and if (heaven forbid) there is a total loss, you settle on that amount not what the 'book' says. I am very happy that I checked into this, as I just saved myself a whole lot of money and even better.... now the plates are on year round and if I get an inch on a warm Indian summer day (like today.. it's going to be sunny and 70* and it's November 6th. In Upstate NY that is RARE) I can scratch it. So... if you also own a garage queen and have it insured as a 'normal' car, visit www.hagerty.com/