Old 01-31-2009, 04:12 PM
danhaman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default component set...and amp install questions

[yes, I searched...maybe not quite well enough, but I searched]

where are you guys putting your component crossovers? Door, kick panel, hatch area w/ amp? Just wondering what's worked well.

How have you installed your tweets? The stock look to be less than 3/4" dia, and mine are easily 1". I'll probably attach them to the grill/trim bezel piece (attached from behind), but I was wondering what others have done...mostly that's what I've seen on here, tossing the OEM grill and showing the new tweet grill in it's place.

As for the amp, I'm probably going to mount it to the 'hump' like I've seen most do. I haven't seen much in way of how to take that apart to wire underneath it, does anyone have any pics of how they installed? Or just some simple instructions on how the 'hump' comes apart to wire behind?

Thanks for all your help!

P.S. For anyone searching for how to get the door panel off, there are a ton of threads on it with good links to diagrams, but none seemed to really describe how difficult it is to get the door handle front off w/o damaging it a bit. There was a thread that said pry it off from underneath to hide the damage...they weren't kidding, that thing was a pain to take off 'gently'. Also, if you haven't noticed, almost all of the screws are torx of various sizes [you can find that in different threads, but I never noticed it in the 'how to take the panel off' type threads]. And prying the speaker out of the housing wasn't easy either. I ended up takin the whole housing off the door, and bringing it inside to take my time with...it's on there pretty good, let me tell you. There's a little bit of a gluey rubber piece acting as a seal, which I guess is what makes it hard to get off.

Again, thanks for all the help I've already gleaned from other threads, any further info on how you've installed your gear would be appreciated.

dh