View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 01:10 PM
+fireamx
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Looking for Crossfire chassis expert.

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
+fireamx, I agree that don't ask if you don't want answers, and in his case, I would say frustration is guiding his response more than anything. I would be peeved if I had his experience and knowledge and no one would listen. With that said, we should just remain friends and be supportive. I would still say the problem could be found with the right frame shop, but who is going to fix it? Doesn't sound like any dealers in the NE Ohio region will. So, that means a reputable shop may have to, then try to collect in small claims court for the reimbursement. This just may be the start of a lot of claim problems with Chrysler...just my opinion...
Oledoc, I agree, Webster has had problems with this car for a very long time, and it is extreamly frustrating to have to deal with the Chrysler Dealer Network most of the time.
It's easy to say that in any batch of cars, there are going to be a few "lemons", and this simply may be the case with his car. Of course proving it is going to be an entirely different matter.
I simply was saying that in my opinion, the chassis coming apart seemed to be a streach. Maybe being an engineer, he may tend to "over think" the problem", but I didn't say it was impossible, just very unusual.
I sincerely believe that there are no "bonded" areas in the Crossfire's chassis that would change the cars over all drivability. Welded areas, yes. But I still doubt that is the problem.
I wish Apkano could chime in here, since he's much more familiar with the robot welders that are used to "fuse" our vehicles together. His opinion would be invaluable when it comes to how often those welds fail. I personally don't know the answer.
I usually don't take things personally, I've owned a "Nash" for neary 40 years for crying out loud, thinned skinned I'm not. But I felt Websters response to what I said, was unecessary. Just my opinion.
It's all good.