Old 02-02-2009, 12:48 PM
ppro
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: component set...and amp install questions

All my components are Pioneer and use their IP-BUS method of "cascading" the connection from one device to another. I have three devices stashed in the under-floor compartment on the passenger side, in addition to the supplemental fuse panels I installed to keep the power sorted separate from the car fuse panels.

The components are all fairly thin and small - smaller than the DIN-1 head unit by far. Two fit stacked above the post where the top screw for the floor panel goes, and one fits in the recess under the panel.

My sub has an integrated amp so that 15"x15"x8" box is bolted to a supplemental panel I built in the back hatch area. The panel duplicates the thinner floor panel that covers the tool compartment.

I put a four inch deep riser on top of the old floor panel to compartmentalize some stuff I carry and this sits under the new panel with the sub bolted on. As it's thick plywood the new floor is a lot more suited to supporting the sub than the original materials.

The crossovers fit inside the front door panels (the capacitor modification for the front door speakers).

The iPod fits in the console.

Quite a few people have repurposed the rear tool storage compartment for electronics and subs, at the expense of a good place to store the compressor and flat repair goo.

Now it appears I will be using my newly created compartments under the false floor to house two more components and connections.

It's never ending...

My write ups are located here (click).

Last edited by ppro; 02-02-2009 at 12:50 PM.