Thread: Valve Caps
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2004, 08:48 PM
CrossfireLTD
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Valve Caps

Originally Posted by Ronman
For some odd reason, I am missing a few valve caps. I can't help but wonder if it happened after my oil change a week ago. Anyway, does anyone know where I can find the same valve caps without getting ripped off at the dealership?

Had the same problem, both valve caps were missing from the passenger side. Possibly stolen from the parking lot while shopping or dining.....who knows. The other day my TPS went off, attributed the warning light to come on due to a sudden dip in temperature. Took the car from the garage and parked in a sunny section of my driveway. Checked a couple of hours later the light did not come back on. Put car back into the garage and checked the next morning....light is back on. checked tire pressure with a digital gauge and tire pressure was correct, front and rear. This is when I discovered 2 valve caps missing, took the car to the dealer and had new caps installed. I say installed because they had to calibrated, all in all it cost $8.43 for the valve caps and no charge for calibration or labor.