Old 02-09-2009, 05:14 PM
nox1s
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Standard, LED, and HID Lamp Solutions and Numbers

Originally Posted by MMZ_TimeLord
Installing those resistors for the license plate lights involves two things.

1. You have to remove the cover on the inside of the hatch to gain access to the wires on the back side of the socket housings.

2. Each wire coming out of the socket housing needs to have one end of the resistor clipped on to it. These are self tapping connectors. I call them leech connectors because they leech off the line.

Also remember these resistors WILL get hot. You may want to get some kind of metal clip to mount them on, or wrap them in fiberglass to insulate them from the metal hatch and keep them from rattling around.

I'm glad someone found out why they flicker, I never had time to track it down. Regulators for me!!!

Hey MMZ, maybe you can help me.. I tried installing these two resistors but this is what I did..

I couldn't get to the actual wires near the plugs.. god damn that is a small area and there's no way I can get to those..

I traced the wires back to the plug nearest you.. they share a common ground(but i don't know where they connect) and then the brown/yellow and brown/blue wire...

I tapped each end of the resistor to the brown/yellow and brown/blue then I connected both of those to the common (brown) ground wire.. still a bulb indicator out.. any ideas ??