Old 02-13-2009, 06:04 AM
turbobuckeye
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb A little more history about the founders of the LX NATS

Originally Posted by Top_Fuel
I haven't been to Quaker City since 1988. They used to host an annual event back in the mid-late 80s called the "Supercar Showdown." It was all stock musclecars competing against each other. It was a huge deal.
Originally Posted by Turbobuckeye
You are correct. The promoter of that very same event was also the founder of the original NMCA (National Muscle Car Association) and he is now the co-promoter of the LX & BEYOND NATIONALS, Chuck Green.
Originally Posted by Top_Fuel
I still have video tapes of the SuperCar Showdown they used to sell...and Chuck is in both of them! I still watch them once or twice a year. It's great to watch these guys hammer on cars that are probably worth too much money to drive now. I may have to make the drive up to Quaker City again. If Chuck is promoting it, I'm sure it will be a top-notch event.
Originally Posted by Turbobuckeye
We look forward to seeing you make your homecoming trip back to Quaker City Raceway. I will be sure to pass on the kind words to Chuck. Thank you!!!
For those of you that don't know. I asked Chuck to help me with the LX NATS not only because he was an LX and Mopar enthusiast but he also had very successfully organized and run racing events for many years long before the LX-platform was born.

You'll never catch him tooting his own horn so I'm gonna do a little bit for him and lay out a little history on one of the co-founders of the LX NATS. Known to many, he was the person that originally started the NMCA-National Muscle Car Association (1985-1991). During this time as a drag racing enthusiast, promoter, mentor and friend to many he promoted events which were covered in 32 magazines; 17 which were front covers.

Do a google/internet search for "Chuck Green", "Car Craft Magazine", "Super Showdown" and you will see what I'm talking about. Chuck has been around drag racing a long time and continues to help new and upcoming enthusiasts get even better. If you have never drag raced before or just want to pick his brain about how to improve your times I'm sure he would be happy to help anyway he can.

See ya'll in JULY!!!