Old 02-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Serendip
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Blaupunkt's St. Louis MP56 is plug 'n play

If I remember correctly, I got mine Thursday night, sneaking in with a last second bid that was nearly as high as the buy it now price (which I planned to do on another unit if I hadn't won the one I did). I got it for something like $122, so it wasn't much under the buy it now.

It still sucks what he's doing to Brucero though.

I have high hopes for this unit. It's German, like the car and has a good rep for audio. I really wanted a unit that works with a USB card, too. I have about 18 GB of music on mp3 that I actually like and listen to regularly on my computer. Rather than fool with an IPod (which I don't have--I do have a 16 GB Sansa View that's flash memory) I would rather load a flash drive with music, plug it in, and use it to shuffle play my personal playlist. I'm a bit concerned about the fussiness reported earlier in this thread over the MP56's interface with different USB drives, but we will see.

I routed the USB cable down to the passenger footwell into the elastic keeper where it is quite unnoticeable. I originally planned to put it in the glove box, but it looks pretty complicated to run it there. Plus the knee bags scare me about drilling blindly away.

Last edited by Serendip; 02-13-2009 at 02:52 PM.