View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 08:49 AM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Original Intent for XFi

Originally Posted by REDCROSS
Most of you recall my activity a while back and some of you are only familiar with my name (Handle) but...........................
Let me throw a few pieces of "Food for thought"...............................
In 2004 I met ONE Crossfire owner at Carlisle and we talked about forming an Organization that would have ONE initial purpose.....................That was to establish a following!
I came up with a design, requested comments, and developed the XFI Logo. Since I felt we needed publicity I bought a Business Card program and contacted a printer for the decals. I paid for it all. And the first 25 Charter Members received their packets FREE!. Realizing that the approximate cost per package was @ $10.00, that became the cost for membership. As things were added to the packet, the price remained the same.
Since the main focal point for an "Official" gathering was the MOPAR Nationals at Carlisle, PA, I checked with athorities to identify requirements for a Club Tent and benefits. Cost was $150.00 unless the club had 25 members signed up with reference to XFI. It took a couple of years before we ever got close. The last year I was active, the word got out that I had been footing the bill and many of the members made contributions to me to offset my investment for the comfort received.
By establishing a list of folks (at that time growing) with a mutual interest and the desire to promote the Crossfire and establish publicity at Shows, etc. we were getting closer every event. ONCE we got that large following and had MANY interested owners from around the world we could FORMALIZE the Organization into a Legal Union. Once we had done that, then we could approach CHRYSLER CORP and VENDORS for further recognition and possible benefits.
Many of the Members wanted to move forward to the "Formal" state and my repeated attempts to explain that you organize ONCE you have a Large Active Following and not with a small list of folks that passed through the doors and were never heard from again.
The standard "Folks For" and "Folks Against" made the time longer than anticipated.
We were getting there when my wife started complaining about abdominal pains while riding in our XFR after never any word during our XFC ownership.
I sold my Crossfire to make her comfortable. We later found out that the pain was Kidney Cancer and she is now no longer with us.
Back to my point..................and to get to it!!!!!!!!
There are new folks working hard to make the Crossfire an Icon that will be recognized all over the world and will be PERMANENT in the automotive archives.
Here is my point...............Finally......................
IF, you want that to happen, then get involved and help! Contribute you ideas and assistance!
IF you DON'T want it to happen, then stop throwing all of the negatives into the pile.
A dedicated Club site with it's own forum is Progress..................Understand that!
You can frequent any or all of the forums that exhist and be supportive to all..........
Think Positive!
REDCROSS (JD)
Bump.....Words from the man who started XFI; The cornerstone of CICCI.

Thank you JD (Recross).