View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 01:31 PM
maxcichon
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: HELP!! 20" wheel issue

Originally Posted by 05XF-LVR
Max, much obliged for the info, I owe you a cold beer or two. Based on the calculators I have found and numbers I have ran, I am thinking a 5mm spacer will work also. From my research I have found that everyone says if you are going to do spacers, buy good ones and make sure they are hub centric. I have scoured and found an Eibach Pro spacer that is 5mm and hub centric from a company in Michigan. The part number is EIB90.1.05.014.1 and here is the link:

http://www.discountperformanceautopa...hk=1&Itemid=37

They are reasonably priced at around $75 for the set and after speaking with a custom wheel guy, this is what he recommended.

Any advice before I proceed further?
Ok, I called Eibach (1-800/507-2338) and asked what these look like. I was told they are flat disk spacers and the minimum for hub centric designs is 10 mm. Trust me on this. If you call, just ask what they can do for you that will provide a lip. The problem you will run into is the grease cup. For mounting with no spacers, its OD is the mount and it is ~ 5 mm tall. If you place a 5 mm ring on it, you cover up the mounting hub, making it non-hub centric. Even if you buy 10 mm with the lip, you'll still end up machining a little bit out of the ID to make it work The actual cap is the pain). It's hard to explain, but I found out the long way-buy the parts and see what it takes.

Somewhere in my garage I still have a pair of 5 mm plates. Good for a noisy game of ring-toss. But little else.

Give Eibach a call and see?