View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 10:17 AM
turbobuckeye
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: 2009 Drag Racing at Quaker City Raceway

Originally Posted by tom2112
I figured that would be the response, and I understand it. That still doesn't take away the sticker shock though.

The normal race prizes there are a couple hundred bucks (maybe $300 on a good night?) - it varies with how many attend. I never win, so I don't really know. I just pay to make as many runs as I can get.

Normally I wouldn't race at a national event - too many heavy hitters and too many people racing gives you too few runs at the track. But it is at my "home" track and I feel obligated to show off what a Crossfire can do, especially to a national audience. I know I won't win anything, which is why I chafe at the $100 fee. Still I'll probably do it anyway.
All the 5.7 and 6.1 HEMI folks will definitely come out and show their stuff. I know last year the racing V6 cars was a bit lacking though so the "All Mopar" race and the bracket classes are most definitely up for grabs.

I agree with you though. This is the perfect stage to show everybody what the Crossfire can do. Its by far probably one of the most over-looked Modern Mopar performance vehicles out there. Most people have no idea what they are capable of doing so I think there will be a lot of stunned faces when folks see them run side-by-side with the LX cars.