View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 06:42 PM
onehundred80
Received 538 Likes on 454 Posts
Default re: Battery Replacement

Originally Posted by VQ35DE
Well here is a different twist on the oem batteries. My car is a 2008 and built on 10/16/07 and has it's oem battery. Here is the difference. It is a white case, twin handle Varta but it has a CCA of 700 and a RC of 150. To top it all off it was made in Germany, not Spain like the others and it states in two places that it's a BCI group#48 size.
Correction mine says RC 150min not RC 15min, typo. Only 48 on it is in the cat# and part #. Varta (Johnson Controls) must have plants all over Europe. Amazingly the case size 48 has lengths of 12.06" and 11" (OK) in two different standards lists. the other sizes would be OK 6.88" wide x 7.56 high.
I cannot understand why the cases appear to be not to the published standards and even the standards vary from company to company
I worked at a big company once and we made up standards as we went along, to heck what anyone else said, if it suited us we did it. So that may be their attitude as well.
I like the white (natural its called in the plastics trade) and will pay extra for it, and it fits better, you do not have to turn the rubber clamp pad which is weaker in that position, as it could possibly work its way out of the strap.