Thread: First Ding
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2004, 11:35 AM
dadof4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Ding

Bad news....

I'm parked at the far end of my local market. As usual, there is no one parked near me. I'm leaving the store and this little old lady yells to me "Nice car. Do you mind if I look inside?" I reply "Sure, take a look". She walks to the car, pushing her shopping cart in front of her. As she approaches she forgets she is pushing the cart and guides it into the passenger door. I navigate from the drivers side to take a look. As I have not washed the car for a couple of days, it is dull and I can not see any damage. When I get home I wash the car and sure enough, there is are two dings (actually small indents) on the door. I'm sick, and I am upset as I did not get the old (probably about 70) ladies information.

Good news....

I check for "Ding removal" on the internet and much to my surprise there is an individual who is a "Ding Doctor" and he lives less than a half of a mile from me which is amazing as I live in the sticks. I call to see when he can take a look at the car. I make a appointment for this morning at 8:30. He tells me he will repair the dings for $110. I leave the car there and walk home. An hour an a half latter I get a call advising the repair is completed. I check out the work and it is perfect. I can not see any indication of the damage or the repair, and believe me I am a perfectionist. I asked if there was any problem removing the door panel, and was advised they did not have to remove it!

So...If anyone has ding damage, and they know of a reputable "Ding Doctor", I would suggest you give them a try.

Now I can put my baby to bed for the winter.

dadof4