Thread: Tires and P0410
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 07:12 PM
steevyn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires and P0410

Ok, so to drudge up an old topic, my check engine light has been on since about 40k miles. It is the infamous P0410 code. I took the valve off that some have mentioned and it seemed to be fine, I was able to blow in it one way only. The weird thing with mine is, I can clear it, and it will stay off for a few days then it comes back on. But, it doesn’t come on at start up, it comes on after you've been driving it for a while. So, what I have noticed is after I've been driving it I will hear the air pump kick on for just a minute and that seems to be when the cel is thrown. Now, to my understanding that pump should only kick on when the car is started cold, and run for about 1 minute. So, why is it kicking on long after the car is warmed up? And I assume that is what the car is thinking and why it throws the light. Could it be the relay? Or God forbid the computer? All thoughts and suggestions are welcome...
Moving on to the tires. I purchased a set up Goodyear Eagle F1 All Season four months ago. I have put 12 thousand miles on them and my car now sounds like some old piece of sh*t pickup truck with bad knobby tires. It has become unbearable. Obviously this is not a toy for me, it is my daily driver. Around 30k or more a year. Before these I had the factory all season Continentals and they never sounded like this. AND they had well over 35k miles on them. So I went to Discount Tire today to have them repair a leak in one and asked them about the noise. I was told they were a mess and they've never seen any cup so badly so quickly. Yes, the car was aligned when I had them put on. So, they have offered to refund me fair amount of the cost so I can purchase a new set. I need to know what you guys have found to be a decent tire for daily driving. Preferably one that isn't going to sound like a freight train in 10k miles. People seem to be happy with the General Exclaim, but what about noise? And yes, I know now this was not the best choice in vehicles for a daily driver, especially as much as I drive. And I simply refuse to drop $1000 on tires twice a year. I will be putting it up for sale this spring, but in the meantime opinions are welcome.