Thread: Tires and P0410
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Rob M
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Tires and P0410

Originally Posted by Paul Bosslet
Hi,
I don't need tires for the rear yet, still on the standard Conti's. I normally wouldn't mix and match tread design but the Maxxis tire deal was too good to pass up.
Were you aware that the Maxxis V1 is not made in a 19" size? Maxxis does have some other models of tires that come in 19" but not in the 255/35R19 size.

I have an 04 with 17K miles and the original Michelin PS2s which still have plenty of tread. The PS2 is an excellent, if not the best, maximum performance summer tire that fits the Crossfire. It's cornering capability is beyond what most drivers will feel comfortable experiencing. But it is quite expensive as others have already noted. However, I'm a little on the frugal side and don't want to spend $1200+ on tires before they're even installed. I've been considering the possibility of getting a set of Fuzion (a division of Bridgestone) ZRis, except that the closest size they make for the rear is a 245/35R19 (should fit the wheels but would experience a 1% speedo error - i don't know if that presents any potential problems with ABS, traction control, etc.) I could get a complete set including shipping for $500 today (the rear tires being 2/3 of the total cost), but the PS2s should last a couple more years.