View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 06:06 AM
LantanaTX
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: V8 Crossfire Conversion Diary

I have not done the mechanical work yet but have the parts to do it. I am using C43 exhaust manifolds as they look like they will bolt right up to the stock exhaust. the C43 echaust is missing the bungs for the O2 sensors, so I have to have these welded in. It also looks like you can use the V6 engine mounts, but I was going to take a look at C43 mounts to see if they are similar. you will have to come up with much slimmer cooling fans as the engine takes up about four more inches. I have a set of dual 12inch fans that I will use. Let me know what you come up with.

I had been planning on having the CL500 ECU turned into a Vigin ECU which can be done by Beckman in Atlanta for $250 and then use the Star diagnostic system to associate it to the Crossfire. It is my understanding that after a third attemp to start the car it will lock again. So you should not attempt to turn the key until you have it hooked up to the diagnostic system. I haven't found anyone local who has done this and only two people willing to attempt the re-programing of the virgin ECU. Swapping Eproms sounds like an easy solution if it works. Please keep me informed as to which way you decide to go and how it works.