View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 01:26 PM
faiz23
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: V8 Crossfire Conversion Diary

Originally Posted by rcompart
Please enlighten me master jedi on how you put a supercharger on top of the airbox. Last I checked, and I checked on my motor, you remove the entire N/A intake to put the supercharger on. I thought about putting the supercharger on top of the N/A airbox but I was worried that with having to cut a hole in my hood so I could close it and that lack of threaded holes to mount it would cause the duct tape I used to hold it onto the intake would either blow off in the wind or the belt tension would pull it loose. Fiaz, when you start tearing into these cars like myself and Jonny or NeedsWings or LET or LantanaTX or HDDP or kanzus, you are more than welcome to chime in but until then, read the threads and get educated. I wasn't even talking about the supercharger it's self but rather the belt routing but judging by your post, that part evaded you.

As for kanzus, who my initial post was directed toward, I am eagerly awaiting pictures and to LantanaTX, keep up the great work.
hey man you are much more educated in the crossfire than i am i was just teasing. I can not add info on the fabrication of it but i am sure it is possible as chuck norris was able to get it fitted on. I am not sure if supercharger is worth the money in the v6 due to the max horsepower limitation. I like the idea of the V8 as it can be all motor and give you like 400-500 with bolt on's and tune. or upwards of 500-650 on s/c or turbo.

can you remove the intake manifold and try to fabricate a mount look at the stock intake a member bought it recently a really good price on the piece so you can test fit and play around.

why spend all your money to slap on a supercharger and be limited to the bottle neck of the supercharger or the motor restrictions.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
supercharger.JPG (26.0 KB, 94 views)
sc.JPG (21.1 KB, 78 views)
sc 2.JPG (18.5 KB, 73 views)

Last edited by faiz23; 04-07-2009 at 01:32 PM.