View Single Post
Old 11-10-2004, 09:25 PM
MI Roadster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Interior Ergonomics

Gee, you are a little sensitive!
A lot of good points.
I drive a Roadster and never had a glare problem from the console paint. I'm usually wearing sunglasses when it's sunny out. Didn't notice any distraction from the guages either. I think the storage compartment is a little hard to access due to the fact that I have the drivers seat almost all the way forward because I'm short. If I'm in the passenger side with the seat all the way back, there's no problem. The cupholder I think was an after-thought for American drivers. I don't think too many European cars even have them.The oil issue, I would do what the owners manual said, and if I was confused, DC will probably answer questions (or come here, lots of people here can help with a lot of things. The turn signal,cruise control, washer etc. levers are different on a lot of cars. There is always that period of getting used to the way things work in a new car. Not sure the ergonomic people can do much there.
I don't think Chains are legal in MI. Maybe they could have options for tires for people who want different types. I think a sports car should have performance tires. Not sure you should drive a sports car in a snow storm, no matter what the tires. What if they don't plow the road and it piles up over 6". I don't think tires and chains would help. And if you live where it doesn't snow EVER, I don't think you should have to have tires you don't need. Thus options might be useful.
I think the garage opener buttens leave a lot to be desired also, especially since they don't work when the car is off. I'm always turning the car off before I close the door after I pull in. But I'm getting used to pushing the button first. Just takes a change in habbit.
New cars always take a little getting used to, especially if it's a change from what you had last.
I love my car also, and wish you the best with yours.
How long have you had it?