View Single Post
Old 11-15-2004, 10:37 PM
hunt416
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Daytime Running Lights

I disagree, MBepic.

My Canadian veh automatically turns on the side marker lights, taillights, front blinkers and tiny "headlights" (the eyebrow lights??) whenever the veh is running, then when disengaging the E-brake, its turns on the headlights to full intensity (low beam). I never have to turn my headlights on unless I want to use High beam or fog lights. In fact I rarely ever touch my headlight switch since they are always on.

I find this quite annoying because I think the look of the veh is more attractive without the DTR on. I attempted to $$convince$$ my dealer's tech to turn off the DTR, which can be done with the DRB Scan tool, but the tech said the only option was to set the veh as an American car which would change a bunch of options (miles vs Kms, etc). Anyway, he wouldn't do it. Personally I don't believe him, I think there must be an option to just turn off the DTR. I think it would be less taxing on the electrical system, too. But since I don't have $4000 for a DRB scanner, I guess I'll never get to drive around in the dark (ha ha)!

At least I confirmed that the DTR is a software activated feature, and can not be disabled by pulling any relays. If any one can dispute this, or knows a method of disabling the DTR, I would sure love to know.