View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 11:46 PM
faiz23
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: V8 Crossfire Conversion Diary

kanzus and lantana what else do you think we would need to make the engine fit in the N/A physically kanzus has been able to use a different oil pan and use a custom exhaust. we will use a cl pan and a c43 exhaust now is that the headers and then use your own piping for the rest or how will that work. i would like to come up with a stainless steel high flow setup but would rather do that in the future and just keep cost at a minimum and just get by with parts to make it fit so can we use the stock piping after the headers.

for ecu seems like both will be similar in desolder and programming chip, this is the part that scares me and would be better if someone like tvt or let had access to tools to program and tune for a fee.

what about issues with fitament for the crossfire with the front carrier axle or driveshaft. also having a manual is that put a big problem into the plan can we beefup the gears on the tranny. i would like to get a phantom grip for the differential if we need to change anything in there.

any other ideas what about boosting in the future is it the same as ripping SL55 kompressor' management program or how complex. i think it is the electronics that will be the toughest tuning and programming and hope one of the vendors who do tuning will purchase the parts needed to offer a tune/programming service.