View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 02:59 PM
faiz23
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: '08 limited coupe system complete WOW!!!

Originally Posted by ///SilverSaphRT6
Think I am gonna go with the single JL W7 and JL 1000w/1 amp. Any suggestions on door speakers...what size are they anyways.

6.5" component use the stock bracket, add deadener to the door i will post the link read up on deadening the door. you will want to do the outside skin of the door where the speaker backwaves will hit, use couple layers, then you will want to do the inside skin, do the door skin it self where the speaker will mount to.lastly do the door panel it self that you remove off the door the back of the panel will buzz and the area where the airbag is it need 2-3 layer but do not put deadener in the way of the airbag just around that area.

honestly it is like 70% install and 30% equipment. Kick *** speakers can sound like *** if not done right

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...reatments.html

get some good speakers tell me your budget on speakers and i can put you in the right direction. $250, $500, $750.....

good choice on the amp and sub but what box do you plan to use keep in mind for w7 you need 1.375. if you go with the magic box that tucks into the side by the driver than ask nazar to mod it to make it as large as possible since you want around 1.3.1.4 cu sealed and you can add some polyfill around a 1lb do add some more volume.

enjoy