View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 06:37 AM
patpur
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Sick of hazy headlights?

John - Have you tried another dealership? Sounds like these guys are incompetent. I sure would look into that before your warranty runs out. My drivers side has both the haze and the etching and what I have found is the longer you let it go the harder it is to fix. I've done 4-5 other Crossfires and got them pretty darn clear but I met my match a few weeks ago. These hadn't been "fixed" for about 2 years. I know becasue the first time I worked on them I got them perfect and the guy just let them go. I buffed them with Plastx, 3M and a few other products we have and while they got a lot better they still were not up to my standards. Sanding may have brought them back a bit more but these had deep pits in them and that is something that is very difficult if not impossible to get out. I told Dave to try and get them replaced. I know I put a good hour of buffing time into them.
I suggest again you look into another dealer and try and get them replaced and then take care of them as if they had the same problem. Mine still etch and start to haze after several months and I get out the buffer and they are as good as new.
pat