View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 02:55 PM
dwightdmagee
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Inside of interior door handle

My '05 had the same condition when I bought it from the dealer. The wife sliced her finger quite badly when we had it home for a 'test drive' week.

The dealer replaced both door pulls under warranty before I took possession of the car. I believe that there might be a Bulletin out to dealers to fix this problem without a lot of whining. Product Liability stuff, ya' know.

What is your warranty situation, zoned? I'm sure that you can find a clever way to fix it yourself; file/grind them down a bit and cover with electrical tape or whatever. Or just keep band-aids in the console.

Let us know if OEM door pulls are hard to find already. I know Chrysler just bellied up last week, but I would guess that they stopped stamping out Crossfire body and trim parts a long time ago. There are a lot of new Crossfires sitting on the lots, probably still a bunch over-seas, but who knows when the service dealers reined in and stopped stocking the shelves with spare parts. This melt-down has been ongoing for some time.

Good luck.

Last edited by dwightdmagee; 06-08-2009 at 03:15 PM.