View Single Post
Old 12-19-2004, 11:53 AM
Dan Root
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Re: Will the Crossfire last?

Originally Posted by jcruse
I agree completely. I have been sitting on the fence for a few months now regarding this car, for the reasons listed above. The car looks great, but when you're driving it, you're not "looking" at it. If you want real sports car performance, you have to pay much more money for the SRT-6, and then get crippled with an automatic transmission (one that owners here have admitted is sluggish in changing gears!!!)

The more I read, the more I lean towards other cars...like the new mustang (yes it will be very common, but outperform the crossfire all day long), or the slk350, which costs as much as an SRT-6, and has fewer horsepower, but at least is available with manual transmission.

1st DC might put a 6speed in the SRT but that won't make it sell better !
2nd.A new mustang might 0-60 out perform a LTD Crossfire but besides that and having a back seat it's a mass production Retro look,built to bring back Mustang buyers.
3rd ,sales across the autoworld manufactors sell more autos than manual.!Even Corvettes
4th,if the Crossfire is built for only 3-5 years and then stopped for slow sales ,I'd keep it for just because I've had a lot of cars and I still get MORE LOOKS and Thumbs UP than any other car I've had.That includes show quaity Classics I've owned.